- When in doubt, conduct a spot audit to ascertain the moisture in the soil under the mulch. This can prevent over-watering.
- Watering trees can be completed every 2-3 days.
- Water buckets can be filled from the river, access points are indicated on the map.
- It is recommended that each tree receives approximately 1/3 to 1/2 of a bucket of water (~6-10 litres). Pour slowly around the base of the tree and on the mulch ring.
- We have divided the trees into four sites. Sites 2, 3 and 4 are further divided into smaller zones. These sites and zones are indicated on the map below. Please indicate which site(s)/zone(s) you watered when filling out this form.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes as the ground is uneven.
- Please wear long pants and tucked in socks for tick protection.
- Keep yourself protected from the sun in heat by bringing sunscreen. a hat, sunglasses, and drinking water.
- Warning: Be observant for poison ivy and stinging nettle. Please see the printed signage attached to the water tote to assist with identifying the poison ivy plant and stinging nettle (if applicable). If exposed to either plant, wash hands and affected area with soap and water as soon as possible. Avoid contact with eyes.
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.