In order to foster an open and welcoming environment, we as community members and the Forêt Capitale Forest team and by extension its volunteer base pledge to make participation in our projects and our community a harassment-free and inclusive experience for everyone.
Examples of behavior that contribute to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language;
- Actively encouraging all voices;
- Helping others bring their perspectives and listening actively. If you find yourself dominating a discussion, it is especially important to encourage other voices to join in;
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences;
- Focusing on what is best for the community;
- Showing empathy towards other community members;
- Being direct but professional; and
- Leading by example by holding yourself and others accountable
Examples of unacceptable behavior by community members include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery;
- Unwelcomed sexual attention or advances;
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks;
- Public or private harassment, repeated harassment;
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission;
- Violent threats or language directed against another person;
- Sexist, racist, or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language;
- Sharing private content, such as emails sent privately or non-publicly;
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms;
- Excessive or unnecessary profanity;
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior; and
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
Everyone participating in Forêt Capitale Forest projects and activities is responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior.
This Code applies within all activities, forums, spaces and communication channels of Forêt Capitale Forest, within any event or meeting, and in public spaces when an individual is representing a Forêt Capitale Forest Project or its communities.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the Conduct Committee via email@example.com. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. Without the explicit consent of the reporter, the Forêt Capitale Forest Board is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. The Board is further obligated to ensure that the respondent is provided with sufficient information about the complaint to reply. If such details cannot be provided while maintaining confidentiality, the Board will take the respondent‘s inability to provide a defense into account in its deliberations and decisions. Further details of enforcement guidelines may be posted separately.